Since 2007, Kristen's at Battle Island has provided excellence at both the restaurant and off-site catering. Our restaurant offers full service dining and a full cocktail bar. From great Italian fare to southern BBQ, we offer something for every taste. Welcome to Kristen's Kitchen!
Kristen's Mac N Cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP of garlic
- 1 TBSP of Crushed Red Pepper
- Vegetable Oil
- 1Lb Macaroni/past of choice
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1 Stick of butter
- 12 oz of sharp cheddar
- ½ cup of smoked Gouda
- ½ cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 sleeve of crushed Ritz/comparable crackers
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place oil into a large pot of boiling salted water. Add the macaroni and cook according to the directions on the package, 7 minutes Drain well.
- Place macaroni back in pan it was cooked in add the rest of ingredients and stir on low heat until all cheese is melted and mixed in.
- Pour into a 9X11 Baking dish and sprinkle Crumbled Ritz on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and the macaroni is browned on the top