Slow-Cooked Pulled Pork
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 TBSP of Franks Red Hot
- 1 (3-pound) pork shoulder (or butt)
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 Cups of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 12oz Dark Beer
- Combine the BBQ Sauce, chili powder, brown sugar, coriander and cumin in the base of your slow cooker or Baking Dish. Stir to combine and distribute the spices evenly.
- Sprinkle the pork with salt and pepper and place it in the slow cooker. Using tongs, turn the pork to coat it evenly in the sauce. Add in the garlic stir again. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook until the pork is tender and beginning to fall apart, on low 7 to 9 hours or on high 3 to 5 hours.
- Transfer the pork to a serving bowl. Allow to cool slightly, and then shred using 2 forks.
- Add the shredded pork back into the slow cooker and mix it with the sauce that was created during the cooking.
- You can store the pork in its sauce for up to 3 days